[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Justin Mason) writes:

> For PGP/GPG to be useful as an unforgeable bonus-points mechanism, it
> needs key distribution.  We can no longer just say "it has *some*
> PGP signature" -- because spammers are actively forging them, cutting
> them from other mails, etc.   as far as I know the only way to really
> validate the sig is to (a) ensure the public key is on the keyring
> and (b) run pgp/gpg at that point.

If the message body contains a small number of email addresses,
including that of the recipient, and has a valid signature, I think
that's enough -- it should be a valid proof of work.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux, and open
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/   source consulting (looking for new work)