At 12:28 9/07/03 -0600, Benjamin Tomhave wrote:

I don't know that I'm configured correctly on my system, but our relative
spam sensitivity scores (required hits) that are pre-set for customers are:
0.5 (Severe),

Egads,

1.5 (High),

Ouch,

4.0 (Medium),

Oww.

These three settings are going to give you false positives galore.

Our default "suggested" setting is 7.0 and customers can't see it any lower than 5.0

 10.0 (Low).  The majority of spam I
see tagged by SA w/ DCC and basic checks enabled (no RBL) tends to fall in
the 2-7 range.  I'm always amazed to hear about scores in the teens and
twenties, because I just never see those kinds of scores.  Maybe if I
install Razor or Phyzor and enabled RBL checks.

Yup.

RBL checks help a lot, as do Bayes (you don't say if you're using it) and Razor/Pyzor/DCC. Honestly, without network checks SpamAssassin isnt anywhere *near* as good.

Most spam I see scores in the 10 - 30 range, some even as high as 50, although there is still quite a bit from 5 to 10.

Regards,
Simon