-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Bingham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Tony (or anyone else in the know),
>
>Could you post more details about how you were able to handle the
>headers problem in Exchange 2000?  I have had the same problems as
Chris
>extracting meaningful header information from Exchange 2000 Public
>Folders.  E2K basically makes a mess of them (and I've tried all manner

>of methods and clients) and renders the messages meaningless for
>teaching Bayes.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ryan,
I've found that if mail is sent directly to a mail-enabled Public
Folder's email address, IE from amavisd-new or Postfix, its headers will
make it through with IMAP.  However, if an email is moved to or from a
Public Folder with Outlook (regardless of whether or not the public
folder is mail-enabled), then its headers get truncated.  So I can at
least train bayes by having any emails over my threshold of 6.0 get
redirected to [EMAIL PROTECTED] by amavisd-new and they show up in the SPAM
folder.  And I can sa-learn them.  Unfortunately that's about it
though...  Moving false positives to a Public HAM folder truncates
headers, as does false negatives getting moved to the SPAM folder.

I think bayes can still learn with incomplete headers, though it's not
ideal.

I'm not sure how bayes can be used with Exchange without bypassing
Exchange completely in some way.  I'd like to see other people's
solutions to this problem (or maybe they just don't know about the
problem).  Maybe somebody can come up with IMAP client patch that can
retrieve the full headers, as they are actually retained by Outlook when
messages are moved to or from Public Folders, just not when IMAP is
used.

Chris