On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Dave  Stern - Former Rocket Scientist wrote:
>
> > :0:
> > * !^X-Spam-Status:.*USER_IN_WHITELIST
> > $MAILDIR/rejects

> > Will it or will it not fail the above test?
>
> Procmail unfolds folded header lines before comparing, so the regex above
> should match such a sample header.  The leading "!" would then negate the
> match, so the message will not be stored in $MAILDIR/rejects (which by the
> way is redundant; $MAILDIR is by definition the current working directory,
> so just "rejects" is equivalent).
>
> On the other hand, with that recipe, *everything* that does not hit
> USER_IN_WHITELIST will go into the rejects files, no matter what the spam
> score.  Is that really what you intended?

sadly, yes. This isn't my procmailr but a particular user is using spamassassin
almost exclusively for its whitelist capability despite suggestions to the
contrary. (As an aside, she's already had probs because we set up SA to only
run on msgs > 1/4 Meg so when a whitelisted user sent a large attachment,
it failed the "this is a whitelisted user rule" (seeing how SA wasn't even
run on this) and fell thru. OTOH, if she's only got one msg misfiled
(false positive) in this flakey model, out of easily 100-1000 messages, that
ain't bad ;)

But what's wierd is indeed in the above case, a whitelisted user ended up
in the rejected folder because procmail does *not* appear to honor the
linewraps (OK. it's not really a linewrap. Rather, it's whitespace that
eg sendmail would recognoze as a continuation line)

 David Stern                                            University of Maryland
                Institute for Advanced Computer Studies