Okay, regardless of whether it's SA's job to scan for different types of attachments (like the Sobig virus), I wanted to try to see if I could work out rules that would at least allow it to do so. I've tried the following, just trying to test by scanning for JPEG and GIF:

body IMAGE_ATTACHMENT /filename=\"[^\"]+\.(gif|jpe?g)\"/i
describe IMAGE_ATTACHMENT Has a GIF or JPEG attachment.
score IMAGE_ATTACHMENT 0.1

rawbody RAW_IMAGE_ATTACHMENT /filename=\"[^\"]+\.(gif|jpe?g)\"/i
describe RAW_IMAGE_ATTACHMENT Has a GIF or JPEG attachment.
score RAW_IMAGE_ATTACHMENT 0.1

rawbody CAREFUL_IMAGE_ATTACHMENT /^Content-Disposition: attachment;\s+filename=\"[^\"]+\.(gif|jpe?g)\"/i
describe CAREFUL_IMAGE_ATTACHMENT Has GIF or JPEG Content-Disposition.
score CAREFUL_IMAGE_ATTACHMENT 0.1

I then kill and restart spamd, and send myself an image with a GIF attached. But my SA headers still say:

What am I doing wrong? Is it something wrong with my regex, or do rawbody tests just not include the Content-Disposition information? I've also tried replacing [^\"] with just plain [^"] and with [^\.] instead; this changes nothing.

                                                --Kai MacTane
"And you can swallow, or you can spit
 You can throw it up, or choke on it
 And you can dream, so dream out loud
 You know that your time is coming 'round
                                                --U2,
                                                 "Acrobat"