:-)

Matt's howto does not discourage this. He talks about the best place to put
the cf files. He covers /etc/mail/spamassassin for sitewide.

The reason I have seperate cf files is for ease of use. My local.cf was
getting to big to sort thru to change. I already had the emporeum files
broken out, so I just decided to leave them that way. I have one for testing
rules. I have the reg2rule.pl generated evil domains in one. I also move
tested rules over to a cf file with a date in the name. SO I know when they
were added and when I should look at them for experation. Multpile cf files
are a blessing with 700+ rules!

You forgot to ask how I like my coffee?  :P

> > Simply marking the email as spam was only the first step. I
> > don't want my users to see any. I take a spam being scored at 6.0
> > as a failure to me. Sure it was marked, but it was delivered. :-)
>
> What a good shepard you are. ;)  What do you do about FPs?
> Is your spamtrap
> a Public Folder?

I have 3 type of spamtraps. IF a spam is 7+ it gets copied to a corpus on
the SA box and to a spamtrap mailbox on the exchange server. I get almost no
FPs above 7. But I check them all by hand, before I delete. If I get an FP,
I first remove it from corpus on the SA box, then forward it to original
user. Then I analyze the heck out of it and fix why it was an FP.

The spam that gets 5-7 points gets delivered to user. Some of these get cc'd
to me thru a procmail script (lazy salespeople!). Others simply can copy to
the public "Spam for chris to test folder" on exchange box. Same goes for
spam not tagged.

Nothing gets deleted unless checked by me. This entire setup can be
customised per user thanks to procmail. For instance the presidents email
doesn't get sent anywhere but to him.

> > I can't stop either. Rule writing is like crack. Need to
> > write rules. Urge building.....voices.......regex......
>
> You are too funny!  Hi all, my name is Chris.  Hi Chris.  I
> am addicted to
> regex.
>

> --Larry

LOL, meetings are Tue and Thrs 7-9. They have doughnuts!!  Yorkshire Dave is
giving a speech next week on how to keep your eyes from crossing while
looking for cypher tokens!

--Chris Santerre