For implementing a major new feature of MailScanner, I need to have 2 SpamAssassin objects which have completely different directories for rules, user_prefs, etc.

1 is going to do spam checking (as now),
the other is going to have content checking rules added as an entirely custom set of *.cf files, not using any of the standard SA rules at all.

For speed, I want to do a compile_now on both objects so that all their configurations are read in, all the Perl code is compiled, etc...

But when I try to use 2 different SA objects, it all breaks. One of the objects works fine, and the other one doesn't work. The code for the 2 is the same, and I am using entirely local variables in each chunk of code so there can't be any namespace clashes in my code.

If I don't compile_now() any of the code, it all works just fine. But it works slowly, as each child process forked off to do any of the SA checking has to compile all the Perl code for every message.
If I compile_now() one of them and compile_now(0) the other, some combinations work and some don't. If I reverse the order of the compile_now([0]) calls, it changes the behaviour too.

Clearly there is some clash between multiple SpamAssassin objects.
Anyone have any ideas on this one please? I'm stuck at the moment.

Thanks folks!
Jules
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
                            Southampton SO17 1BJ