On Friday, Sep 19th 2003 at 10:54 -0400, quoth Forrest Aldrich:

=>This new virus appears to generate many (random?) subjects, so it's getting
=>difficult to narrow down.
=>
=>Has anyone filters for Spamassassin that will correctly identify this
=>virus?  I'd like to score this one high so they are rejected (via
=>spamass-milter)... it's been a huge problem all day.
=>
=>The fake messages have a preamble like this:
=>
=> >>>>>>>>>
=>MS User
=>
=>this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003,
=>Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security
=>vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook
=>Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to
=>continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerabilities. This
=>update includes the functionality of all previously released patches.
=><<<<<<<<<

Yeah, I'd like to nail this one too. I already
score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 5.0

but that does me no good for this one. If I look at the MIME structure of
the doc I see this:

1.1.1    ~40 lines   Text/PLAIN
1.1.2   ~158 lines   Text/HTML
1.2      3.7 KB      Image/GIF
1.3      370 bytes   Image/GIF
2         0% B       Application/X-MSDOWNLOAD

If I try to save section 2 I get a file with a .exe extension which has a
zero length.

So I guess the question is this: How do I get SA to recognize messages
which have a zero length .exe attachment?

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
steveo at syslang.net