Presently, because of limited system resources, I've set a very conservative
max-scan-size for spamc - I don't want to burden the system with grinding
through those large files. However, this generally means that large messages
come straight through :)

In almost all cases, very large messages get their bulk from attachments that
are of a type that SA can't usefully scan anyway.

Is there any way to get SA to just DISREGARD, say, any MIME attachment over
50k, while still scanning the rest of the message?

Failing that, can anyone think of a way to grab the first few hundred lines
of a message and scan THAT, attaching the results to the full message and
sending it along to be delivered? It'd be preferable to ignoring large
messages entirely, and I think it'd probably continue to catch most of
the spam. I'm thinking it should be possible to munge the message to
drop the useless bulk, call SA with -r, then insert the report into the
original message. Has anyone done anything like that?

--S