At 03:31 PM 10/7/03 +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
Matt Kettler wrote on Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:16:04 -0400:

> If you're using it, disable bayes and see what happens.. Bayes is a very
> heavy memory consumer and could be a significant portion of the problem.
> Disabling it will at least help clarify if it's bayes database size
> related, or something else.

Hi Matt, thanks for your answer. Do you refer to the initial size (28 MB
which is a bit more than most users of this list report) or to the "eating
memory" problem?

I was refering to the eating memory problem. And in general I'd expect bayes to cause some kind of slow increase too.

However, even with it being a sudden jump from 23m to 800m, unless someone else has a better idea, I'd still try turning off various features one at a time. This way you can at least start eliminating subsystems as the source of the problem and start narrowing in on the cause.

At this point, it looks like some kind of wild memory leak that occurs while processing a message of some unusual sort, and that could be almost anywhere in the SA code. It could be some part of bayes, the AWL, the HTML parsing, base64 decoding, or pretty much anything that gets called on a per-message basis.