I have something like this happen occasionally (once out of about 20k
messages scanned).  Started when I moved spamd to a different server (spamd
was on the same server spamc was being called from).

I see this in /var/log/maillog whenever I notice a message without any
markup:

Oct 12 05:45:04 green spamc[10414]: failed sanity check, 7123 bytes claimed,
-1 bytes seen

The message that error is related to gets delivered without any SA markup.
I checked back through maillogs for the year prior to moving spamd to a
different server and I did not find any of those errors...and never noticed
any messages not having SA markup.  It's definately related to having spamd
on a remote server.  At least for me. :-)

I've done spamd debugs and logged full debug output for messages that "fail
sanity check".  spamd never complains about anything, message is scanned and
completed without any errors from spamd.

* Jason Brunette ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
* Excel.Net,Inc. - http://www.excel.net/
* (920) 452-0455 - Sheboygan/Plymouth area
* (888) 489-9995 - Other areas, toll-free

[spamd log snipped]