> > Are we talking about messages that have been processed through spamd but
> > not marked, or ones that somehow bypassed spamd altogether? I find an
> > occasional message gets missed by spamd when I *restart* it to pick up on
> > new rules.... :-)
> >
> > - Charles
> >

> Spamd does see the message (I verified by looking for the message ID in
> the debug output), and the message appears to run through spamd fine,
> but it lands in my mailbox with no markup.

You are forgetting that there are two pieces here, spamc and spamd. spamc
has a timeout. I believe it works like this.

spamc sends the message to spamd. If spamd doesn't finish in time, spamc
goes ahead and releases the message unchanged. This doesn't shut down
spamd, which continues to process, and log its actions, but when it tries
to respond to spamc, the other end of the socket is gone.

> --Rich

> Rich Puhek
> ETN Systems Inc.
> 2125 1st Ave East