Hi,

[not subscribed to list, please cc: me on replies]

I've been trying for a while now on and off to get SA correctly working with
exim, using spamc as an exim filter and running the mail through exim a
second time for delivery (so that I can still use my exim filtering .forward
file).

For the longest time, SA seemed to do nothing -- I seemed to see it running,
but it wasn't generating any changes in the mail. It appeared set up as a
transport the way I've seen many other people post online (and following
some howto or other), and it was setting the magic flag to prevent exim from
looping.

This evening I started playing with it and unfortunately managed to get it
to change its behaviour (good, or at least interesting) without changing my
exim.conf (at least AFAIK, which is bad :-). I did go through several
iterations of modifications before coming back to the original trying to
fix my current odd behaviour, so I'm prepared to admit I'm probably wrong
that exim.conf is really unchanged.

Now SA runs and produces modified output, but seems to be messing up its
output, with the result that exim ends up with a partial extra header, then
a blank line, then a ">" character, then the header of the modified message
(which at least shows SA doing its job). The new header seems to consist of
just a "from" and a "to".

So I've sadly turned off SA until I can next waste time on this :-(

Any thoughts appreciated,

Ari