Robert Menschel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are three categories of "end users" as far as I
> can tell: 1) Those whose ISP offers SpamAssassin options, and
> who have full access to their user_prefs file (by web form, FTP,
> or whatever other method), 2) Those who run web-based domains on
> someone else's shared server, and who have full access to
> everything within their domain (including user_prefs) but not to
> the primary SpamAssassin code, 3) Those whose ISP offers
> SpamAssassin, but does not provide any more than minimal control
> to the users.

Don't forget (4) those who run SpamAssassin on their personal
computer using SAProxy (http://saproxy.bloomba.com), who have
full access to the user_prefs file through the configuration
options in the program.  For them, mail gets run through SA at
the moment they retrieve it from their server.

> If you have the flexibility, use a different email program. My
> personal favorite is The Bat!; Eudora is also very good.
> Netscape's Messenger is also excellent for this purpose.

My vote for a Windows program is Pegasus Mail
(http://www.pmail.com), which allows you to see all the headers
easily, save the mail in its original form, and forward a
message in various ways -- as an attachment, as text included
in another message, or "bounced" (just adding "Resent"
headers).

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC