Mark Ritchie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now, as you can see the trick here to fool spamassassin is the
> <i> and <b> tags.

I don't think that's what's fooling SA.  SA strips all that
stuff out before looking for phrases.  The problem is the lack
of phrases to trigger on.

> Would it be possible to make a rule or adjust
> the rules so the <i></i> scores high?  There is nothing
> inbetween and I'd have to say anyone sending messages like this
> is obviously a spammer.

It's possible to do something like that with a rawbody rule.  I
think there's also been talk of adding some checks for such
things to the HTML analysis so there could be eval tests for
it.  It's tricky to avoid false positives, though.
Unfortunately a lot of HTML-creating software puts in empty
formatting tags like that, though maybe they don't occur often
in the middle of words unless put there intentionally.

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC