On Wednesday 29 October 2003 6:53 pm, Chris Santerre wrote:

> I have to change a rule and I want to do it nicely. So suggestions needed.
> The rule is :
> SUBJECT_XXX
> and in it, it has naughty words. One of which it looks for is :
> /pen.s/i
> Which was just trying to get past obfuscations. Well, anything that
> mentions:
> "Open source" in subject gets tagged as naughty!
>
> So would this be better:
> /[^oO]pen.s/i
>
> Or I could easily just do this:
> /\bpen.s/i
> But I thought that spammers could use punctuation to get past that.

Rather than focusing on what you *don't* want to catch with this rule, how
about concentrating on what you do want to catch?

Obvious examples are covered by /pen[i1l]s/i - presumably not too many things
need adding to the middle regex to match the strings you're interested in?

Just a thought.

Antony.

--

Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.
                                                     Please reply to the list;