On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:16:50 +0100, Gerhard Hofmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted to spamassassin-talk:
gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general:
 > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > says...
 >> It isn't SA you want, it's procmail. The formail tool in the procmail
 >> package will do anything like this that you want.
 > I know that procmail could filter incoming mails by subject and sort
 > them into IMAP folders on the server.
 > Unfortunately, most of our users use POP3 to read their emails. Those
 > users have defined filtering rules within Outlook 2000. The rules prove
 > the X-Spam-Status flag within the message headers that is added by SA.
 > So this is the reason why I would like SA to do subject-based filtering
 > and not procmail.

You could add a second header with Procmail easily. Or just add
X-Spam-Status to any messages which don't already have it.

  :0fhw
  * ! ^X-Spam-Status:
  * ^Subject: \/(fr33|h0t|w0m3n)
  | formail -I "X-Spam-Status: Yes (Subject: contains $MATCH)"

Then proceed with delivery just as before. Procmail doesn't care if
the destination is an IMAP mailbox or a POP mailbox, as long as it's
running on the server anyway.

/* era */

--
The email address era     the contact information   Just for kicks, imagine
at iki dot fi is heavily  link on my home page at   what it's like to get