> Chris Santerre Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 3:15 PM
>
> > Finally got another update done. The Emporium is going to
> go through some
> > MAJOR changes in the coming months. For all of those people
> that contacted
> > me about mirroring the site, Thank You! I'm all set for
> now, secret plans
> > take over the world have been put into action ;)
>
> Thanks for the great update Chris. Yesterday I came up with a
> list of rules
> that hit a certain type of spam. I was getting a bunch of
> FN's recently that
> were clearly all from the same spammer but with different
> messages and ads.
> My new rules are hitting pretty good now. What is everyone's
> feeling on
> spreading rules about? I would guess it's more effective to
> tell as many
> people as possible, via the list, about the rules. But as
> soon as these
> rules get back to the spammer, they're ineffective for sure.
>
> I'd be interested in what others thoughts are on this and
> I'll submit the
> rules to Chris for possible Emporium inclusion.
>
> cheers,
> Colin

You will never guess what started this whole Rule Emporium thing for me. I
didn't want to post my silly simple little rules to the list for the very
reason you suggested. To which I was verbally abused by a few people on the
list.

I posted, people fixed them, it stopped more spam then just mine. Sickness
grew from there. THe idea is that you WILL stop more spam in total if you
share them. We KNOW we have spammers watching this list. We are dealing with
it. Things have been put in place to make this even better.

Spammers will watch this list. What they don't know is, we are watching them
watch this list even closer ;)  Closing in on which group(s) of spammers
they are. Tweaking rules to be tilted towards them. Matching them to other
anti-spam lists. Closing the noose, and laying flaming dog poop on their
doorstep! Ok, maybe not the noose ;)

"I think you hear me knocking, and I think I'm coming in!" - Dennis Leary

Sorry, I got a little excited! Share your rules!

Chris Santerre