SA labels other spam just not my internal RBL.  I removed the -t option
and the header does pass.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 4:52 PM
To: Jennifer Fountain
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SAtalk] SpamAssassin not labeling as spam but debug labels
as spam

I just figured this out the other day.  This is not an SA issue, but a
qmail-scanner.pl issue.  To address it directly, edit this line in
qmail-scanner.pl:

my $spamc_subject='***SPAM***';

The one downside is that having (_HITS_/_REQD_) doesn't work.  I suspect
that if you rebuild qmail-scanner.pl with spamd on and something like:

rewrite_subject 1
subject_tag ***SPAM*** (_HITS_/_REQD_) **

in the local.cf, qmail-scanner might then handle it correctly...but I
haven't bothered to try it yet....

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Jennifer Fountain wrote:

> I am using an internal RBL list.  When I test a header that is in the
> list using the following command:   /usr/bin/spamassassin -t
> --prefs-file=/var/qmail/.spamassassin/user_prefs -D <
> /home/tmp/spam_test.txt, it labels it as spam.  However, when an email

> from the same server arrives, it is not labeled and the user receives
> it.  I do test that header and it DOES label it as spam. AGG!
>
> I am using qmail and qmail-scanner.  In my qmail-scanner.pl file, it
> is using spamc:
> my @scanner_array=("clamscan_scanner","spamassassin");
> my $spamc_binary='/usr/bin/spamc';
>
> Does that make a difference?  I am not sure where the malfunction is.

> I don't think it's between the chair and keyboard.  But I could be
> wrong :).
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Jenn

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                           http://3.am