Justin Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> BTW, SpamAssassin originally started with accumulating rules.  But I took
> it out, as it meant a long hammy mail had a much higher chance of FP'ing,
> due to containing more text.

The problem exists anyway, since long nonspam messages are more
likely to trigger multiple rules.  I have a user who sends out
long messages containing many summaries of news stories, and
they've been rejected by SA at another site because they hit so
many rules they reached as many as 10 points.  One managed to
trigger EARN_MONEY, HOT_NASTY, IMPOTENCE, ITS_LEGAL,
OPT_IN_CAPS, and PENIS_ENLARGE2, along with BAYES_99
(presumably because the other site's SA has learned some of his
didn't contain anything that you'd notice as spammy-sounding
when you read through it.

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC