Hello list!

I just cant seem to be able to disable AWL with spamassassin.
The rationale behind that is that there is a lot of forged mail around
recently (virii, trojans) that makes its way with a negative AWL
scoring.

So i tried to disable AWL with
---------->8------------------------------------------------------
use_auto_whitelist 0
---------->8------------------------------------------------------
in my local.cf, but AWL are still active [0]. It is not that the file is
not parsed at all because other rules from that file are still applied.
But just not this one...

I read through the mailing list archives, the FAQ, studied the
SpamAssassin::Conf manpage and browsed google for answers.

Meanwhile i suspect an error in my configuration. Is there a way to
check your local.cf for validity? There are no suspicious messages in my
syslog chain upon restarting of spamd though...

My setup is: postfix 1.1.11 on debian 3.0 with a content filter as
outlined on http://advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html, a
combination of spamd/spamc and anomy sanitizer. spamassassin is version
2.60 and runs on perl 5.8.0.

You can see my local.cf at http://volltext.net/sa/local.cf
I put it there, because sf.net's mailserver hit one of my local rules
and rejected the first mail.

Thanks for your consideration
Matthias Zeichmann

[0] from a recent mail:
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:15:07 +0100
tests=AWL,BAYES_00,LOCAL_RCVD  autolearn=ham version=2.60-mz_1.13
--
siggen.pl: Segmentation Fault