Theo Van Dinter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:36:54PM -0800, Ted Cabeen wrote:
>> Here are the directory entries:
>> -rw-------  1 amavisd  amavisd      3148 Nov 11 12:29 bayes_journal
>> -rw-------  1 amavisd  amavisd      2652 Oct  1 10:36 bayes_msgcount
>> -rw-------  1 amavisd  amavisd  41607168 Nov 11 12:29 bayes_seen
>> -rw-------  1 amavisd  amavisd  85565440 Nov 11 12:29 bayes_toks
>>
>> The database is working, as I do see BAYES_99 rules being triggered in
>> my inbound spams, but I'm concerned about the database format and
>> about losing all of the data it's already built up over the last year.
>
> Did you read the docs, make sure you have DB_File installed, and run
> "sa-learn --import"?

I did.  I recall it took at least 4 hours and over 500MB of RAM to run
the import, and I wasn't positive that it actually went through.
DB_File was definitely installed (it comes with FBSD perl).

I was running perl 5.005 back then, but I've upgraded to 5.8.1 now.
Should I try running the import again?

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         [EMAIL PROTECTED]