Theo Van Dinter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 01:15:43PM -0800, Ted Cabeen wrote:
>> Okay.  I'll give that a try.  What's the best way to quiesce the bayes
>> system without making spamassassin unavailable during the import?
>> Will setting auto_learn to 0 in the running user's user_prefs be
>> enough to make the import go smoothly, or should I set use_bayes to 0
>> as well?
>
> auto_learn 0  will disable automatic writes (which will fail anyway),
> but use_bayes 0  will fully disable any access of the db.  I'd do that.

I just tried to run the import and the process ran out of memory.
I've got 1GB of physical RAM in that machine with 2GB of swap
available and it still errored out with the following output:
# sa-learn --dbpath /cyrus/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes --import
upgrading to DB_File, please be patient: /cyrus/amavis/.spamassassin/old_bayes_seen
DB_File: copied 702806 entries.
upgrading to DB_File, please be patient: /cyrus/amavis/.spamassassin/old_bayes_toks
DB_File: DB_File module not installed, nothing copied.
GDBM_File: GDBM_File module not installed, nothing copied.
Out of memory during request for 1012 bytes, total sbrk() is 1073326080 bytes!

I ran the import as root with all of the ulimits set to unlimited.  Is
there any way to get the memory usage down so that I can complete the
import?

Can I somehow purge the less important data from the database?

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         [EMAIL PROTECTED]