At 01:57 PM 12/2/2003, Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
I have been reading about Spamassassin and reading and found out, I think, how to white list a domain. I don't have it handy but its something to the affect of white_list_rcv @earthlink.net @earthlink.net. Would you correct me on the actual white list line and how do I make it so that I can send to earthlink.net address as it seems to be blocked both ways? Please link me to the best documentation also as I am confused on the no brainer this is how it works documentation.

Whitelist_from_rcvd takes two parameters.. The first is a piece of text to match in the From: header, and the second is a mailserver name that needs to appear in the Received: headers.

Thus, the second parameter will not likely ever contain an @ sign. It's not an email address, it's part of a server name (or all of one)

You probably want something like this:

whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] earthlink.net

or this:

whitelist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Note the second is prone to forgery.. it will whitelist anything claiming to be from earthlink.net, and won't check if it actually passed through any servers owned by earthlink.

Another example for whitelisting this email from me would note that it's From: [EMAIL PROTECTED], and the Received: path contains xanadu.evi-inc.com.

whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] xanadu.evi-inc.com

 or less specific about the server:
whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] evi-inc.com