At 07:25 AM 12/4/2003, Clive Dove wrote:
No big deal at the moment as it is only one message, but what happens when
other spammers discover that this is a way to distribute their junk?

It's been a problem for a LONG time and is nothing new at all..

This very issue forced sa-talk to become list that moderates non-subscriber posts after a barage of spam came in. (barage is a relative term, but so many subscribers were posting the same basic "how did this happen" post that it was driving list traffic up like mad),

razor-users doesn't appear to have ever closed, so they still get spam posts, about 2-3 a month.

Sourceforge has some spam filtering built in at the smtp layer (try to make a post with it V-word in it and your post will bounce), but it's hardly comprehensive.

Do I now take the mailfilter lists off my list of ALLOW rules and my
Spamassassin whitelist?

That's probably a good idea. I don't whitelist any mailing lists, even this one, and the FP rate is pretty low.