From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Larry Gilson
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 12:58 PM
To: 'Spamassassin-List'
Subject: RE: [SAtalk] importing spam from exchange users for sa-learn?

I was thinking of tackling this problem from the other end.  Below are
some
options from the Exchange list I subscribe to.  I asked the question as
how to extract the message to a text file.  Presumably, the message
would be
raw.  The thought is that the extraction method would be a solution more
native and local for and to Exchange.

OPTION 1 (Ravi Agarwal)
========
Exchange 2000:
1. Simply browse the virtual M drive and you can copy the message files
out
to another directory. These are simply text files with the full message
headers intact.

Exchange 2003: (If you don't have the M drive)
1. Put the messages into a public folder
2. Mount the Public Folders as a Virtual Folder. See instructions on our
website:
http://www.123together.com/Support/Accessing_Mail_Items_Through_Web_Fold
ers.
htm
3. Browse the Virtual Folder and you can simply copy the messages out as
text files, with all headers intact.

OPTION 2 (Kevin Derby)
========
1) Use a CDO script to extract the messages from the public folder.

After extracting the message, I would have a number of text files in a
compressed directory on the Exchange server.  I would schedule a job to
create an SFTP session with the relay server and push the files rather
than
pull.

Thoughts?

--Larry