On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Peter Kiem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add local rules to allow certain senders that always get
> caught by SA to lower their scores and give them a better chance of
> getting through.
>
> The rule I added was
> header LOCAL_GOOD_SENDER_11 From =~ /[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
> score  LOCAL_GOOD_SENDER_11 -2.0
>
> The headers on the email are
> Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:16:35 UT
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Homes for Sale - Homes for Sale Alert
>

> Why isn't the local rule being activated?

Very simply, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" != "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

The envelope from is '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' but the Header From is '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

They are not the same, so the rule does not match. (You coded the rule to
look at the header 'From' address).

So you either need to change your rule to match the header from address or
code it to look for the envelope from address.

Note that depending upon how SA is integrated into your mail system,
the enveope from address may not be readily available to SA.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>