Peter Kiem wrote:
> >> Preferably not as if someone does forge it, then the mail goes straight
> >> through...
> >
> > Isn't that what whitelist_from_rcvd is for?  man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>
> The point is I *DON'T* want to whitelist.  I wanted just to lower the SA
> scores with a local rule.

You might want to look into using the -a option to invoke AWL which
has evolved into something that is not automatic whitelisting.  It is
really address averaging.  See the FAQ.  It would seem to do what you
are asking for directly and automatically.

  http://wiki.spamassassin.org/w/AutoWhitelist

In a nutshell it averages out the scores.  If a sender is always
sending you messages which score a 2 then it substracts 2 average that
out to zero before any particular rules are hit on that message.  On
the other hand if a sender is always scoring -1 then it adds 1 to get
back to zero for the same reason.  If a spammer is always sending you
messages which score 20 then sends a message tuned for SA to score a
zero then the averager will bump it up and still catch it.  If a
friend is always sending you emails which score zero but then asks you
about a spam message which would have triggered SA to score as a ten
then it will average it down as well.  Automatically whitelisting AND
blacklisting as needed, to keep the average.

Personally, I don't use it as I don't like basing scores upon the from
address in any way.  But if you want to base scores upon the from
address then it looks ready made for that purpose.

Bob