On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 15:41, Steve Thomas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 04:25:15PM -0500, Andrew Lazarewicz is rumored to have said:
> >
> > Is it possible to run SA in my configuration at home?  I am techincally savvy
> > with UNIX / Linux, but not familiar with detailed configuration of mail
> > servers (e.g., POP, IMAP).
>
> What you'll probably want to do is use sendmail with a standard pop3/imap server at
> home, with fetchmail running via cron to pull your messages from your earthlink
> account. Fetchmail will feed the mail to sendmail, which will then feed it to
> procmail or whatever LDA you want to use.
>
> HTH,
> Steve

Andrew,

I noticed 3 people suggesting fetchmail feeding into 3 different MTAs
all passing to procmail.  I just wanted to suggest skipping the MTA.
Fetchmail can hand off directly to procmail, which (to my knowledge)
does not need to be integrated into an MTA at all.

This may or may not save you a bit of a headache.

--
Chris Thielen

Easily generate SpamAssassin rules to catch obfuscated spam phrases:
http://www.sandgnat.com/cmos/