My first thought would be to make sure that you're restarting spamd after
making the changes.  If you are, then make sure spamd is running as a user with
access to where you put the rule (but if you went so far as to stick it in the
global rules, that would seem to eliminate that).

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Stefan Urbat wrote:

> Watch out for following rule, as mentioned working fine with direct
> invocation of the spamassassin script, but even after putting it in the
> /usr/share/spamassassin 20_head_tests.cf and 50_scores.cf files (did so
> for pure desparation and testing; I know, that this is a no-no) it is
> consequently ignored by spamd (adding 3.100 3.100 3.100 in the score line
> doesn't change anything, before the From =~ I put in a tab instead of
> space, also without any effect):
>
> header FROM_HAS_UNDERSCORE_IN   From =~ /_.{1,2}\@/
> describe FROM_HAS_UNDERSCORE_IN From: local part contains a spam
> positioned underscore character
>
> score FROM_HAS_UNDERSCORE_IN 3.1
>
> Any kind of help is highly appreciated...
>
> --
> Registered Linux-User #169380 on http://counter.li.org/

Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

Peace and long life, unless the two be mutually exclusive.