At 03:57 PM 12/19/2003, Kenneth Porter wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of spam with this as the X-Mailer. Is this a real program or
ratware?

(better late reply than never).

This seems to be a somewhat uncommon, but is occasionally used for legitimate mail (I've only seen it used by Russian posters). However, a LOT of spam uses it.

Here's one legit post:

http://list-archive.xemacs.org/xemacs-users-ru/xemacs-users-ru.200112

And although the web-archive doesn't show it.. this particular message was also posted via mPOP Web-Mail. (I have a copy in my local snort-users mailbox)

http://www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users/Sep-03/msg00508.html