[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a complete newby to this spamcop.net service, can
> someone please advice me on the following:
>
> I received some obvious pyramid selling spam to my work
> account.
>
> Am I ok to report this spam using my spamcop.net email account or would the pasted 
>mail not be accepted as the mail wasn't sent directly to my spamcop.net email address
> rather my work address?  I assume I can report spam
> received to any account as long as its legitimate spam?
>
> Would I be best reporting it back to the people who run
> our companies mail server and get them to report it ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony.

I would *assume* that SpamCop doesn't care which email account of yours received the 
spam -- spam is spam, but I'm a 'freeloader' so I can't really tell you what's expected
from paid members.

If you are in the U.S., pyramid schemes should also be forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
and if the message requires the mailing of anything of value ($) via the U.S. Postal
Service the spam should be forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As far as referring it back to your mail admin - my money says he probably doesn't 
want to bother with your spam too, but you could ask.  Perhaps the biggest question you
should ask yourself is 'how your BOSS would feel about you reporting spam on company 
time'.  Some employer's could decide it isn't adding to the profit margin.

h


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to