After reporting MMF Usenet spam to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] address II
have, on a couple of occasions, received a notice from some drone at
the Post Office informing me that I can't submit a complaint without
the proper PO form, either mailed in or posted on their site.
The problem is that what they cite as the "proper form" is utterly
irrelevant when it comes to reporting MMF fraud. Perhaps the most
galling of these inadequacies is that the online form asks you to
summarize the specific complaint or "damage that has been done to you"
in 20 lines or less. That's barely enough for the headers of a Usenet
MMF spam, let alone the list of addresses and the rest of the screed.
I summarized these complaints in a letter to the PO, sent to their
abuse address, a couple of months ago. Included in that letter was a
request that the PO reformulate their complaint process so that one
could effectively submit a specific claim of MMF spamming; and that
one receive at least a robot acknowledgment that the report was
received.
I am still sending MMF spam to the Post Office and I am hearing
nothing in reply. One hopes that someone is at work on this.
On 18 Apr 2001 15:13:36 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> From: hobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>If you are in the U.S., pyramid schemes should also be forwarded to
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and if the message requires the mailing of anything of
>>value ($) via the U.S. Postal
>>Service the spam should be forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>I have often reported pyramids and frauds to these 2 addresses, and wonder
>if it actually does any good.
Gary G. Taylor * San Bernardino, CA
http://www.donavan.org
gary at donavan dot org
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help