"I cannot justify emailing the spam back in just to get yet another email,
which would only make me click on the URL and report the spam."
Could you filter this return into a separate folder so it could be easily
found for clicking on the referred URLs. Still a lot of reading and choosing
which sites to LART but just like any war, it takes a lot of bodies (time)
to kill the enemy (which is huge.) Let's all keep trying to stem the tide
and make it uneconomical for the spammers.
A SpamCop user and forum reader,
Not Admin
"Gary Burlingame" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9caecd$9c5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9caecd$9c5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Since I run 2 mailing lists, and also get the digest of them, plus I
belong
> to several other mailing lists, so I get tons of email. There's no way I
can
> justify passing all that through spamcop at so much per megabyte.
>
> I am reporting individual emails that get past my rblcheck filter, but it
> seems to me there are a couple of problems. First, the emails caught by
> rblcheck aren't getting reported. Second, it's very labor intensive for me
> to report spam when I have 5 or 6 per day.
>
> I cannot justify emailing the spam back in just to get yet another email,
> which would only make me click on the URL and report the spam.
>
> I've gotten a few satisfying confirmations that an account was closed, but
> for most of them, it's like nothing happens. That doesn't make me want to
> continue.
>
> Am I missing something, is there a way to make this an easy service to
use?
>
>
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help