This posting made from the web-site.  Please reply via
email in addition to the group.  Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:52:57 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>This posting made from the web-site.  Please reply via
>email in addition to the group.  Thanks.
>------------------------------------------------------
>
>I'm finding that SpamCop isn't working for me these days.
> Ever since I changed my provider and have to operate with two different IPs -
> one for computer management and the other for my MX records and SMTP/POP handling 
>- I've been unable to get SpamCop to allow me to report the perpetrators of spam. 
>Here's what happens using one sample email:
>
>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP<<<<
>Again, another chain error and no way to report this. 
>
>So it goes for all my spam. My own email service that forwards to SpamCop is 
>identified 
>as the spammer and all others are rejected with chain errors.
>
>Does anyone have any insights as to how to get SpamCop to work properly? 
>Something I can change on my smtp server? (Changing the MX record in 
>smtp.radiantworld.net
> to the management ip address is not an option)
> Or am I just up the creek without a paddle and should quit using SpamCop?
>

You might read this it may or may not help
http://members.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/13.html


[email'ed as well]
Petzl 
[Nothing official, just another SpamCop user]
These messages are only the opinion of the poster,are no substitute for your own 
research

[Sorry, no threading is possible through email - don't know the exact subject from 
this response, so I posted the entire response. - one of these days we'll have a web 
forum]

Petzl, thanks for the response, but that only answers why my own host is provided a 
checked box for complaints. I understand why that happens, and I always uncheck it. 
The problem is that none of the others, the real culprits of the spam, get checkboxes, 
so I can't report them at all.

And, BTW, since I posted here, I got another dozen spams when, using ipblocking, I had 
previouslty got it down to one or two a day. Spammers are apparently monitoring this 
news group, so don't make the mistake I did and post any smtp identifiying 
information. They'll spam you in retribution!



_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to