This posting made from the web-site.  Please reply via
email in addition to the group.  Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------
Before I learned about Spamcop, I used to report spam myself by going through the 
headers and using TRACERT to figure out who the ISP of the spammer was.  If the ISP 
was not a major ISP (like ATT, Sprint, MCI, etc), I would report the spam to the 
intermediate ISPs up to and including the major one.  So if the TRACERT returned a 
list like this MyISP.NET, CW.NET, MCI.NET, JoesISP.NET, MarysISP.NET, Spammer.COM; 
then I would report the spam to MCI.NET, JoesISP.NET, and MarysISP.NET.  I did this 
because I was concerned that the spammer could own JoesISP and MarysISP, so that the 
spammer would receive (and ignore) the reports himself.  Including the major ISP would 
ensure that they were informed that ISPs that they serve were sending spam (either 
directly or indirectly).

Does Spamcop take this sitaution into account when it decides where to send the spam 
reports?  For example, if spam reports are always ingored from MarysISP, then record 
in your database to send reports to JoesISP too.  If JoesISP ignores the reports also, 
then record in your database to send them to MCI too.
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to