On Wed, 2 May 2001 20:02:29 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
(in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>):
> This posting made from the web-site. Please reply via
> email in addition to the group. Thanks.
> ------------------------------------------------------
> I have had one guy reporting me to everyone that I spammed him. I got his
> name from my ffa page from trafficwave, according to their rules I can send
> them emails for 12 days.
> When they sign up at an FFA they agree to receive email from the owner. I
> was send just two email out then I would delete the email addresses. We did
> I move from the United States, where we are inocent until proven guilty. Why
> doesn't this spam cop talk to me first? Or don't I have any right? I know
> this will probably go unnoticed. I want to propose this question. I sent
> email from my ffa to over a thousand people. If I am spamming as he claims
> why haven't you got more reports about me? Why could someone come and ask me
> first? But I guess I do not deserve any respect, how about being just plain
> decent.
>
First of all, what's an FFA page?
Second of all, the only way you can consider entering an email address on a
web-form to be assent to anything is to send that address an email asking for
a confirmation that they requested to be added. If you get a positive
response, then you can send them your stuff. If you don't, you can't. If
you think that everyone who fills out a web form uses their own email address
you are dreaming. If you still think so, I'd be happy to forward all of
somewhere.com's bounced email from people who forged mail on a web form using
somewhere.com as their domain. Care to guess how many of those I get in a
year? 100? 1000? Try two million. Two *million* bounces a year--all
because people don't like giving out their own email address.
Positive confirmation, or else get labeled as a spammer.
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help