Does reporting spam through SpamCop increase the amount of spam that you receive? I can now be one of the users claiming that it does. Some spammer decided to spam my SpamCop address, claiming: "You have received this newsletter because you entered the weekly $1000 draw at Supremecasino! If you did not submit your email address and have received this email in error, we apologize and ask that you remove yourself from this contest at the link provided at the bottom of this email." I am fairly certain that it was harvested from a complaint because I only use that address on my spam reports and here in the SpamCop newsgroup, where it does not include the full domain name. Are the spammers getting dumber or something? You'd assume that SpamCop addresses would be one of the first to be removed from spammers' lists. This spam would have been better had it said that I had won $1,000 in the contest, but I shouldn't expect that from a spammer. Just Hit Report (JHR). - arogge@spamcop _______________________________________________ SpamCop-Help mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help
[SC-Help] Harvesting complainers' addresses
anonymous poster at 66.44.68.220 Mon, 07 May 2001 14:09:37 -0700
- Re: [SC-Help] Harvesting complainers' add... anonymous poster at 66.44.68.220
- Re: [SC-Help] Harvesting complainers... Jonathan Rynd
