The other drawback of a tcpserv approach is that an intelligent spam
sender software will handle it as temporary error (unable to create
connection to smtp server) and will try again and again until the max
queue lifetime of the mail is reached. With spamdyke blacklist it gets a
permanent error and won't retry more. So both solutions have their pros
and cons. Which is better, depends on your type of traffic, server,
connection, etc. :)

Regards
Bgs