On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:01:45AM -0700, Eric Shubert wrote:

> I suppose you could continue to use rblsmtpd/blacklists, and simply not
> specify any check-dnsrbl parameters in spamdyke. I haven't tried it, but in
> theory it should work. The end result would be the same either way.

It does work. I'm running this way for two reasons:

1) with rblsmtpd, rejections are temporary by default, giving me a chance to
whitelist an IP before the message bounces (I'm doing this on a low-traffic
server).

2) rblsmtpd honours the RBLSMTPD environment variable, which allows me to
send meaningful permanent rejection messages to selected clients.

It's also possible to place rblsmtpd first in the delivery chain (before
spamdyke), but not specify any DNSRBLs on its command line; in this case,
you get 2) without 1) and can use spamdyke for RBL lookups.

Andras

Ps. let's save electrons and refrain from quoting at least the list
footer. :)

--
                 Andras Korn <korn at chardonnay.math.bme.hu>
                 <http://chardonnay.math.bme.hu/~korn/> QOTD: