rblsmtpd isn't any more (or less) efficient at checking DNS RBLs than
spamdyke but there are several reasons not to use both.  First, in terms
of efficiency, spamdyke will check other (faster) filters before it
performs the DNS RBL checks.  If the connection is going to be rejected
for some other reason (e.g. missing rDNS), spamdyke will skip the DNS
RBL checks entirely.  This can save some processing time on your server
(which can be significant for high-traffic servers).  Second and more
importantly, rblsmtpd doesn't understand SMTP AUTH -- it will reject any
connection, whether it is authenticated or not.  spamdyke allows
authenticated connections to bypass all of its filters.

-- Sam Clippinger