Hi,

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 15:36 -0500, Sam Clippinger wrote:
> I haven't yet decided how to implement it, but I think it won't be
> useful unless it supports (at minimum) plain vanilla qmail, qmail with
> vpopmail, qmail with vpopmail+MySQL and Plesk (qmail+chkuser).  (This
> feature could finally be a reason to integrate database support.)  If
> anyone has any other configurations that should be supported (LDAP?),
> now is the time to speak up -- let's discuss it before I start writing code.

Just an opinion:  maybe this doesn't have to be *in* spamdyke? :)

I guess most of the admins around (but YMMV of course) are already doing
recipient validation, and so you won't have to reinvent the wheel and
have time for more interesting features... For vmailmgr-based systems,
there is already mailfront+cvm-vmailmgrd, and it's working quite fine.
I suppose there is the same kind of thing for vpopmail & co.

regards,
Olivier