I'm not that familiar with splogger but a quick search gave me several
pages that all say it sends its messages to syslog in addition to
passing them through stdout/stderr.
http://www.ezmlm.org/man/man8/splogger.8.html

Of course it's possible this is a spamdyke bug but the way you've
described your setup, it sounds like splogger is functioning correctly.

-- Sam Clippinger