That's pretty much what I figured. I've kept a little closer eye on it this
morning (just visual monitoring), and it seems to be rejecting nearly
everything properly. Maybe a couple instances where the session ends with
status 0 and no message from spamdyke.

Would it be possible to add a 'sender disconnect' or some such message, so
that there will always be a message from spamdyke for every smtp session
that's initiated? Not a big deal, but it'd be nice to be able to account for
every connection (if someone were to write a log summary report of some kind).

Sam Clippinger wrote:
> spamdyke won't log anything if a remote client disconnects without
> identifying a sender or recipient.  Prior to version 4.0, it wouldn't
> log anything if a message was delivered with TLS but that's been fixed.
> I can't think of any other situation where a delivery (or rejection)
> would not create a log entry.
>
> -- Sam Clippinger
>
> Eric Shubert wrote:
>> Sam Clippinger wrote:
>>
>>> Good to hear it's working... I guess there just weren't any "good"
>>> messages being delivered while you were testing "filter-level"?
>>>
>> That's what I'm thinking.
>>
>> I'm still seeing something a little peculiar though. I would expect every
>> smtp session to generate a spamdyke message of one form or another, either a
>> rejection or an allow. This particular server's pretty, so it's sometimes
>> hard to tell. Is this the case, or are there situations where a session
>> might not have a spamdyke message?
>>
>> FWIW, this server is simply a relay for specific domains, and has/does no
>> authentication other than checking rcpthosts and morercpthosts, then
>> forwards the mail based on the .qmail-default record for each domain. Kinda
>> goofy, I know.
>>

>>> By the way, setting the "filter-level" option in the global config file
>>> is not really what I had in mind when I created that flag.  Since it
>>> overrides all other flags, including blacklists, it was really intended
>>> for use in configuration directories.  Specifically, some of my users
>>> have become tired of repeatedly asking me to whitelist their
>>> correspondents.  Several have asked me to just turn off spam filtering
>>> for their accounts.  With configuration directories, I can create a file

--
-Eric 'shubes'