Youri V. Kravatsky wrote:

>>>     Subdomains of our domains. Mail that goes to domains that are not
>>> included to rcpthosts file is rejected.  But mail to www.mydomain.com or
>>> mail.mydomain.com are accepted to deliver (to no avail, of course).
>
>> I think this is part of your problem:
>> shu...@edwin:~$ host xyz.ja-maica.ru
>> xyz.ja-maica.ru is an alias for www.ja-maica.ru.
>> www.ja-maica.ru is an alias for www.dsite.ru.
>> www.dsite.ru is an alias for dsite.ru.
>> dsite.ru has address 89.108.80.21
>> dsite.ru mail is handled by 10 dsite.ru.
>
>> Any subdomain will find its way to your server.
>> Is there any reason for the wildcard DNS record(s)?
>     Yes, it seems quite reasonable for www-hoster (I know, I know, it's not
> good practice to have www-carrier/database provider and mail server at one
> hardware, but we not always can change reality as we want). So in the case
> of any mistype/error users will access through HTTP any domain that is
> hosted succesfully.
>     Really, the question is - why chkuser/qmail/spamdyke is accepting mail
> for subdomains, if they are not listed directly in rcpthosts? And how to
> stop it?
>     Right now in rcpthosts is the string
>
> ja-maica.ru
>
> without "." and/or "@". Probably, I'll play with it at night, when the risk
> to lose some mail is minimal...

Hey Youri,

I gotta admit that I don't know off hand how subdomains are supposed to
be handled by qmail. So I did some testing.

The first test I sent to mys...@sub.mydomain.com. Interestingly enough,
it was rejected because I have @mydomain.com in my blacklist_senders
file. This is to prevent spamd where the sender address is spoofed with
my domain. It works because all email for my domain is sent with
authentication (a good practice), and authenticated users circumvent all
spamdyke rules.

I was curious about what happens without spamdyke doing this, so I did
another test w/out having the blacklist entry. In the smtp log I got:
09-05 07:45:04 CHKUSER rejected relaying:... client not allowed to relay
09-05 07:45:05 DENIED_OTHER from:
The message bounced back to the sender with:
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 -
chkuser)
So chkuser recognized that subdom.mydomain.com was not a domain that my
server is configured to receive mail for. This seems right to me.

My chkuser version is 2.0.8, but that's the only difference I see. Your
system should recognize that the subdomain isn't in your rcpthosts file.
Are you certain that you don't have .ja-maica.com (with leading .) in
your rcpthosts or morercpthosts files?

If not, then I'd look closer into your chkuser implementation. Are you
seeing any chkuser messages in your smtp log?

--
-Eric 'shubes'