>* David Bo Jensen <d...@elektronik.dk> [090926 08:12]:
>> What is
>>  ls -la /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
>
> -rwx--x--x  1 vpopmail vchkpw 190656 Nov 24  2007
> /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
>
>> and what is the user for the tcpserver?
>
> qmaild

I don't know /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw. But it is possible that you must do

chmod 4711 /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw

to make it work

>> You have no configuration file for spamdyke, and I have learned that
>> access-file and local-domains-file must be present.
>> these two option are not specified in your case.
>
> do you or anyone have working sample (no tls required) file or
> command-line switches?

Sure you can see my qmail script in one of the other threads ("I can hardly
make a SMTPS connection").
 In that script I use smtp as well as smtps (TLS)
I use only 2 command-line switches

/usr/local/bin/spamdyke -l -f /etc/spamdyke.conf

I recommend that you use a configuration file.