I think the problem is the argument to the "smtp-auth-command"
parameter.  Because there is a space between "vchkpw" and "/bin/true",
spamdyke doesn't know they should both be part of the
"smtp-auth-command".  When an incoming connection starts, spamdyke runs
the "/bin/true" executable instead of "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd".

To solve this, try putting the entire "smtp-auth-command" parameter in
quotes, like this:
    ... --smtp-auth-command "/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true" \
    /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

-- Sam Clippinger