The group permissions on your TLS certificate aren't working because
your script explicitly sets the group to "nobody" when tcpserver
starts.  Entries in /etc/groups only affects interactive logins, not
daemon processes like tcpserver.  Try changing your script from this:
    -g `id -g nobody`
To this:
    -g `id -g qmaild`
You should then be able to change the file permissions back to their
original settings.

-- Sam Clippinger