Hi - I'm new to the list but I have searched ;-)

We are running Spamdyke 4.0.10 (as included in Qmail Toaster Plus)
with idle-timeout-secs set to 60. One of my users recently got 30
duplicate messages (and wasn't happy). Looking at the logs, I see that
Spamdyke indeed timed out but the messages were (scanned by simscan and)
delievered by Qmail to the user. How can this be?

I understand that the sender's e-mail client (Outlook most likely, but
I haven't checked) must have thought that the messages weren't
delievered and hence retried. I first thought that this was a known
bug in SpamDyke - see discussion in the "Spamdyke passes partial
emails to qmail after timeout" thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/spamdyke-users@spamdyke.org/msg00744.html
But this "bug" was fixed long time ago. What exactly does Spamdyke
do when it timeouts? If the the client keeps the connection open long
after completing the message transfer and spamdyke does X when timing
out, could that confuse the client so it resends?

Regards,
Hans