I'm not Sam, but I tested Spamdyke 4.2.0 and it smells like the "open
relay" you're seeing might be a misconfiguration of your Spamdyke.

I tested here, adding "t...@whitelisted.com" as a
recipient-whitelist-entry in my config.  Here's the example SMTP session:

> 220 panoptic.com ESMTP
> HELO
> 250 panoptic.com
> MAIL FROM:<nob...@nowhere.com>
> 250 ok
> RCPT TO:<nob...@google.com>
> 554 Refused. Sending to remote addresses (relaying) is not allowed.
> RCPT TO:<t...@whitelisted.com>
> 250 ok
> RCPT TO:<nob...@google.com>
> 554 Refused. Sending to remote addresses (relaying) is not allowed.
> RCPT TO:<relay...@blekko.com>
> 554 Refused. Sending to remote addresses (relaying) is not allowed.
> QUIT
> 221 panoptic.com

It's clear that Spamdyke is refusing to accept mail for non-local
addresses EXCEPT for the whitelisted t...@whitelisted.com address.

IMHO, this is the expected, correct, behavior.  Can you provide a
complete copy of your Spamdyke configuration and command line arguments
you're passing to Spamdyke?

On 6/14/11 11:22 AM, bischowski wrote:
> hi sam,
>
> any comments on this?
>
> -bischowski
>

> Am 30.05.2011 18:34, schrieb bischowski:
>> Hi
>>
>> when using recipient-whitelist-file (and probably -entry) an open relay
>> is created, when a filter is in effect.
>>
>> Example
>> 220 mail.example.com ESMTP
>> helo bischowski
>> 250 mail.example.com
>> mail from:i...@non-existing-mx.com
>> 250 ok
>> rcpt to:i...@local-recipient-not-whitelisted.com
>> 421 Refused. The domain of your sender address has no mail exchanger (MX).
>> rcpt to:o...@whitelisted-recipient.de
>> 250 ok
>> rcpt to:i...@local-recipient-not-whitelisted.com
>> 250 ok
>>
>> seems like spamdykes comes to a "250 ok" in middleman() for the
>> whitelisted recipient, it sets rejection to null and all subsequent
>> "rcpt to"s are not checked.
>>
>> -bischowski

Dossy Shiobara         |      "He realized the fastest way to change
do...@panoptic.com     |   is to laugh at your own folly -- then you
http://panoptic.com/   |   can let go and quickly move on." (p. 70)
   * WordPress * jQuery * MySQL * Security * Business Continuity *